Saturday, October 1, 2011

What Baby Gets...

Zack and I were sleeping peacefully early Wednesday morning (3am) until we heard a strange sound in the baby's crib.


The sound of watery vomit splattering against his vinyl crib mattress.

We both jumped from our bed and ran over to see our sweet angel covered in regurgitated baby food... which looked a lot like thick milk.

We wiped the baby down and cleaned his mattress and changed his sheets and placed him in our bed.

Zack, confirming that all was well, decided that he would go to the gym early and come back home before work.

He went downstairs and prepared to leave until...

I screamed for him to come back upstairs immediately.

The baby was HURLING... HURLING!!! out of his mouth... out of his nose... and if it had been possible... out of his ears.

I sat in front of him trying to catch it in my hands, but it was too watery.

I ended up calling off of work to keep him home. We assumed that it was something he had eaten the day before.

***sigh***

Thursday day went well for us although Zack complained of having a "warm" stomach.

We both worked, and Charlie had a great day at daycare.

Until we got home *cue scary music here*

I walked in the door and kissed my family. I grabbed the baby and sat down. About fifteen minutes later, I thought I'd been injected with an "I feel like sh!t" needle. I gave the baby back to Zack and ran to the bathroom. When I came out, I told Zack that he'd have to go to the store and get some ginger ale and saltines because I was getting sick.

While he took his time grocery shopping at Walmart, I tried my best not to pass out. He eventually returned, and I decided to go to bed with my saltines and ginger ale.

That was all she wrote.

Zack and I spent the best part of 8pm-4am taking turns puking up our guts in the bathroom.

(side note: I can literally count the number of times I've vomited on one hand. The last time I did was November 15, 2006 due to food poisoning I received after eating a turkey surprise lunch at a school where I taught. Talk about surprises!)

I tried to work the next day but had to leave because I (obviously) wasn't better. I came home and slept for three hours.

We're feeling much better now, but this episode only proves that what baby gets, we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment