Monday, March 8, 2010

Playing Games

This past cycle, we made sure to follow whatever baby making methods we learned from reading books and articles and other miscellaneous pregnancy tricks. And for whatever reason, Zack was focused on tracking and making notes about my cycle almost every single day... Well, maybe not everyday but it sure felt that way.

Anyway, around the third of the month, he calls me at work to ask if my period had started. I say that it hadn't and I could feel his excitement through his text message.

I come home, and because of our cable being out, we actually sat in the bed and read books. Yes, it was slightly torturous. Just kidding! It was actually really nice with him reading the Bible and me browsing info in a book about getting pregnant. I actually learned some neat info... None of which I can remember now.

While lying on the bed, Zack reaches over and starts talking to my stomach and telling me that I need to start eating right because I'm carrying our child (he also says something about vitamins but I tuned that out). He put his hand on my stomach and projected his regular positivity. He's like "I can feel it! We're pregnant."

I don't get my hopes up. Why? Because it is much easier to expect the worst and get the best than the other way around... That's just me.

Well, eventually (around 8:30) we go to sleep.

The next morning, I find myself reaching for the tampons because my egg has somehow found a way to escape my uterus. These eggs have literally got to be dodging a fleet of sperm! It's like my eggs and his spem are playing hide and seek... and my eggs are winning. I've always been super competitive, so why shouldn't my eggs be the same?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your eggs ARE competitive and someone's little men aren't. I can't wait til there's a little one on the way. He's gonna be spoiled rotten!

    I'm so used to life without cable that I forget I can get 15 channels with the help of my *don't laugh* Radio Shack antenna and converter box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rflmao... and I bet those are 12 channels of PBS and three channels of the news...

    either way, your antenna sounds like a much better set up than our awful... AWFUL Comcast cable!

    ReplyDelete