Monday, October 18, 2010

The Third Trimester Breakdown

I started my third trimester last Wednesday, and I felt great... because of how fantastic I was feeling, I totally had plans to get work done this past weekend...

I went to my high school homecoming (briefly) on Friday and went right to bed at 10pm so that I could get up early to get housework done.

I woke up Saturday, Zack got breakfast from Waffle House, I watched the recording of Project Runway, and it was all hill down there. For the next two days, my body went through a breakdown.

It got so bad on Saturday that I could not eat, and I called Zack because I was in so much abdominal pain. When he got home, I started crying because I didn't know what else to do. I had tried walking around and doing cat stretches, but nothing would help.

The pain moved from my abs, to my sides, to my back, to somewhere internally, and then it repeated. My breathing is shallow because it hurts to breathe. I'm just short of having an asthma attack when I walk up the stairs.

The pain was increased if the baby kicked or moved. Feeling a head in my rib cage and a foot in my lower ab is really not my idea of bonding with the baby.

Long story short... I got a grand total of six hours of sleep in the last two nights because I have been so uncomfortable. I sleep propped up on the sofa with tons of pillows. The television keeps me company. I really wish we had one of those sectional sofas where one of the seats lets out like a lazy boy. That would be awesome!

I've concluded that my short torso is not the optimal growth environment for a baby... theres nowhere to go but into my rib cage and diaphragm.

I hope this kid is comfortable snuggling up to my ribs because I'm suffering over here!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Steph! Where is your husband pillow? Girl, get yourself a body pillow. It will be a life saver during your 3rd trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one but it didn't work! My husband pillow keeps my back and hips from hurting during the night. I couldn't seem to find any position or place to put pillows so that my stomach wouldn't hurt. Seriously, I couldn't even lie down because it felt like I was being stabbed in my stomach. Luckily it has stopped and I'm back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I am so sorry, Steph! Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete