Sunday, October 24, 2010

Heartburn!

"Adrenaline rushing in my body
Over powered I just can't fight it.
Doesn't matter how I keep on trying
I can't deny I've got this heartburn
Burning in my soul (heart burn)
Call the fire department (oh ,heartburn)
It's out of control (heartburn)
Ooooooh"
- "Heartburt" by Alicia Keys

So..... I have developed THE WORST heartburn in my last trimester. I thought I was home free when speaking to a friend who got it earlier than I did, but I (obviously) spoke too soon. In the last week or so, I've had to sleep sitting up on the sofa at least twice because of indigestion.

The worst time was Friday night. Zack made meatloaf the day before, and we both thought it'd be an awesome idea to have meatloaf sandwiches for dinner Friday night. (side note* I had to wake up early on Saturday morning to be on time for an event and then spend the day doing baby shower stuff with my mom)

After eating the sandwich, I felt great however things took a bad turn around 11pm. I woke up and realized that every organ north of my... well, nevermind because my organs are all mumble jumbled right now. Every organ in my body was on fire.

I decided to go downstairs and sleep on the sofa. I rummaged through the cabinets hoping to find Tums or anything, but I had no luck. Zack had used ALL the lemon juice in some tea he made. There was nothing. NOTHING!!! So, I sat there on the sofa and suffered through it all.

I find now that almost everything gives me heartburn: orange juice, red sauce, fried chicken, and beef. I am comfortable eating very neutral foods like oatmeal, fish, and veggies... *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I had terrible heartburn and acid reflux while pregnant. It was so bad near the end that I could not sleep lying down anymore...I had to sleep sitting up in the recliner! At least this will soon be over for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I know how you feel. The last stretch of pregnancy is the worst!

    ReplyDelete