Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Diaper Equality

Last night I came to the conclusion that all diapers are not created the same.

We decided to stop changing Chipmunk at night because it causes him to wake up and stay awake for two hours. That is something I just can't handle every. single. night.

We were good for three nights using the Huggies. When we woke up for the morning, we'd change his five pound diaper with no problem. Everyone was happy. Then we ran out of Huggies and started using another brand.

Last night was the first time using the new brand over night. When I woke up at 3am to feed the baby, I noticed that his belly was wet. I tried to convince myself that he was sweating in his sleep, but that wasn't the case.

He had pee'd so much that the gel in the diaper became full, and his diaper began to leak. So what did I do?

I initially toyed with the idea of leaving him in his wet diaper and shirt but quickly realized that that would be inhumane, so I changed him.

And...

he...

was...

up...

for...

two...

hours!!!


I am now in the process of digging through his diaper bags to find all the pre-packed Huggies diapers. The ones I find will serve as his nighttime diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment