Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mom Jeans

Now that I am getting used to my new (hopefully temporary) body, I am venturing further into my closet past the oversized sweatpants that used to belong to Zack.

My non-pregnancy jeans now button comfortably however...

my incision site is still sore, so I will only wear those jeans only while I am out and then change back into the sweatpants when I return home. Its a little disheartening that my battle wound is still sensitive but what is even more disheartening is the muffin top that has become my belly.

Due to the stretching of my skin and ab muscles, my belly is not (yet) flat enough to wear and look decent in my lower cut jeans.

Just the other day, I was getting dressed to attend a baby shower. Considering I haven't yet shaved my legs I decided it was in the best interest of everyone that I not wear anything that was cut above my ankles. A pair of jeans seemed fitting.

The first pair was cut low and, when I looked in the mirror, I decided that it would be a tragedy to wear them. I continued to look in the closet for something more fitting.

then...

lo and behold...

I found a pair of jeans that I didn't really care for before I got pregnant. They were a pair of higher cut jeans that hit right at my belly button. They were unbelievably comfortable and also served as a denim girdle!

After having enjoyed those jeans all day, I decided that I will no longer judge women who wear mom jeans because now know why they wear them... its because they have mom bodies and bellies.

So, here's to mom jeans!


p.s. This is not a picture of me, and I will not wear mom jeans forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment