Sunday, February 6, 2011

Well, My Mama Said...

My sweet mother can't remember much from her pregnancy with me... even though I'm only (on the verge of being) 29. She screws up the due date and how many weeks along she was when she had me. It really is awful when you're trying to ask your mom questions about pregnancy and you either get a different answer every time or get a vague "I don't remember that."

But...

One thing my mom does remember is that she spent all of the money she had saved to sustain her while she was off work on purchasing a new wardrobe and jewelry. That story never changes.

She always tells me how she would get bored, strap me in a stroller, and go to the mall. Her biggest purchase (read: splurge) was a $400 herringbone necklace that she lost many years ago.

When I tell her about how I get bored at home, her first piece of sound advice is, "Put your baby in the car and y'all go walk around the mall."

Another thing she tell me is that I will not want to wear any of my pre-pregnancy clothes because they either won't fit right or I simply won't like them.

I can totally understand where she's coming from considering I didn't really care for many of my clothing before I got pregnant. My and Zack's Sunday shopping sprees in the Old Navy clearance section has turned my closet into a lazy college student's dream.

Well, just as my mama said, I literally want to vomit at seeing the clothes in my closet. Non of it matches, it looks cheap (because 98% of it is), and the good pieces have been ruined because I'm too lazy and cheap to take my stuff to the cleaners (which my dad would be appalled by because all of his clothes except his underwear go to the cleaners).

I can't wait to go shopping for new stuff and I definitely can't wait to throw out all the crappy old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment