Sunday, June 19, 2011

Quarantine

When I woke up on Thursday morning, I was exhausted, and I had mucus in my throat and nose. I blamed Zack for having the air conditioning turned up too high.

Well, Friday... I am even more exhausted, and I start to feel like my "cold" is getting the best of me. By Friday night, I was curled up under the covers of my bed wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I was in bed and sleeping by 7pm with chills and a terribly sore throat.

I called my parents and cancelled my Father's Day visit and decided instead to go to the Walgreens RediClinic for a checkup and some meds. I was almost 90% positive that I had strep throat because the pain in my throat radiated and pulsated in my ear and the pain was only on the right side.

I was right. I drove to the clinic at 8:30am with baby in tow wearing sweatpants, a ratty Georgia State shirt, and my beloved Toms. My hair had barely been combed, but I had achieved my goal of being first in line. As a matter of fact, I got there 15 minutes before the staff. They received the stank eye for being late but only for a second because I felt so bad, and I needed their help.

I was tested and given antibiotics and told that I was to change my pillows and toothbrush within 48 hours of taking the meds. I was also told that I wouldn't be able to kiss or breathe on the baby because he could catch it.

My mama came to help take care of Charlie while I slept my face off. I ended up sleeping in the guestroom while Zack kept the baby in our room. I had started in our room but was soon made to wake up and listen to a recording of my freight train snoring (which is what happens when your tonsils have nearly swollen your throat shut). I felt bad for the noise, so I left.

That brings us to right now... I miss my baby so much, and I want to sleep with him so badly that I'm restless. I can't sleep without him. You'd think that I'd be all over this whole "uninterrupted night's sleep", but no... Here I am blogging because I'd rather be with him waking up every two hours.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! Sometimes, in the middle of the night - I just want to curl up in his bed. But I resist. Because if I do, he will never let me leave. And the cycle (of him needing to sleep with me) will never end.

    ReplyDelete