Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sounds and Smells

SOUNDS
Yesterday, I was getting the baby's diaper bag prepared for an outing, and while I was preparing his bottles and formula container, I heard a vibrating noise. Baby was already locked into his carseat and placed on the sofa across the room.

I freaked out once I heard the noise and figured that my phone must be on vibrate. I looked for it, but then realized that my phone was in my back pocket. I started looking for a creature that must've (obviously) been making noise by the refridgerator. No luck. I give up and decide to get the baby and go to the car.

As I picked the carseat up, I realized (by the smell) that baby had pooped his diaper. The vibration I heard was not my phone or an animal, it was my baby pooping with such force that it shook the carseat. Oh, the sounds liks baby makes!

Smells

I was taking baby to a luncheon with several co-workers and their babies today. As we rode down the street, I started to wonder what on earth had died in the bushes. Surely, my air conditioner was pulling in the putrid fumes from some rotting animal on the side of the road. I look down at the air control dials and notice that the aire was on max... meaning that the system was pulling air from inside the car. I switched the system to pull air from outside the car to see if there would be a difference in the smell. Yes, the air began to smell cleaner.

When we get to the restaurant, I start talking to my friends and realize that the smell has followed us into the restaurant. The only logical answer is that my kid has pooped his diaper. I sniffed, and my suspisions were confirmed. I prayed that he had not exploded into the carseat (because could you imagine trying to clean that and the smell that would linger?!), but he had not. I change him and then realize that I didn't have the little blue diaper trash bags. I wrapped the diaper and dumped it in the trash. I'm pretty sure the staff at that place are hurrying to get that thing out of the building! Even I was offended by the smell!

1 comment:

  1. I miss when my children were this young; however, I do not miss those times as you mentioned. It seemed like my son would especially wait until it was time to go to make his rounds.

    ReplyDelete