Sunday, June 12, 2011

Surprises in the Middle of the Night

I'm in the process of putting my son in his crib for the night because he is currently taking over my bed. Seriously, ever since he learned how to roll over and "crawl", he has turned my bed into the baby ice-capades. He practically sleep crawls all.night.long!!! He turns his little body so that he tap dances on my belly and chest. It's not an ideal way to sleep.

My husband decided that he'd rather sleep in the spare bedroom because he "likes to stretch out".

Yeah, whatever!!! Just wait...

Zack will definitely have to pay his dues when Charlie is having nightmares and screaming for one of us to walk down the hallway to his room and save him from the monsters.

Well, I decided the other night to lay Charlie in his own bed for the night to see how it would go. It went well for two nights although I still had to get up every hour or two to give him a pacifier or feed him.

Tonight, I brought Charlie upstairs and laid him in his crib just as the precious two days. He had been fed and covered in a snuggly blanket. Because he had been wheezing, I picked him up to administer some saline, but he refused and fought against it with his life. I placed him back in his crib.

For whatever reason (probably the wheezing), I went back to his crib to turn him over, but this time I noticed that his belly was wet. I think to myself that he has peed out his diaper and now needs a new shirt and a diaper change. I tip-toed down the hallway (as to not wake Zack) and grabbed a fresh onesie from Charlie's room.

As I approached my sleeping baby, I noticed that he had a poopy smell. I think to myself, "Surely that wetness isn't poo!"

Oh... How wrong was I!

His little diaper had exploded; poo covered his belly and sheets. It took me standing in one spot, staring at that mess for three minutes before I could figure out what to do.

I quickly and carefully took off his diaper and onesie then wiped him down with wet wipes. After that, I gave him an abbreviated bath in the bathroom sink, lotioned his little body, dressed him, soaked his pooed-out onesie and sheet in water and oxy clean, and wiped his mattress down with Lysol.

He is now tossing and turning next to me in my bed. I'm back where I started... With a baby kicking my side and taking over my bed. And to top it all off... He's congested, so he's breathing like a little baby freight train.

No comments:

Post a Comment