Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homecoming... Out All Night!

I went to my high school's homecoming this year
because the alumni have organized an actual 
alumni association! 

There have been several changes to the campus 
including this really cool rubber (I'm not quite sure what it is) track
and turf field.



I decided to wear brick red lipstick to the event and then had the 
ultimate misfortune of accidentally putting a kiss on my friend's shoulder
during a hug with the principal who was our math teacher in high school. 
When it happened, I instantly looked at her and said, 
"I can get it out! I have baby wipes in the car!!!"
The baby wipes didn't work, BUT...
The CLOROX wipes (i just so happened to have in my purse) 
that she made me buy five months ago
got the stain right out! 
Lesson: Always carry Clorox wipes!


We got very nostalgic watching our band... 
Although I haven't played my clarinet in over ten years,
I bet I can still play "Get Ready" by heart!
Well... maybe not.

I wonder what makes people want to squat down for short people
when they take pictures together. I wonder if its instinct or sarcasm.
Anyway... I don't think I've ever felt shorter in my life! 
Everyone was taller than me!

It is probably best to take pictures sitting down when everyone is 
at least half a foot taller than I am. 

Corey owns a lounge in the area, and he invited us out.
We really had a great time chilling, listening to the DJ,
and watching the crowd.


I didn't get home and in the bed until FOUR Sunday morning! 
I told my mother that I was determined to go out instead of 
my usual sitting around the house watching stuff
on the DVR.
The price of not going to bed at my usual bedtime (between 8pm and 10pm) 
was exhaustion for the entire week.

3 comments:

  1. 4am?! Whoa! I can't remember the last time I was up that late! Sounds like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! You look beautiful, love the lipstick! Lucky you had those wipes!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you! homecoming. It is so great to bring up those happy younger school times. Haahahhaaa...lots of laughs. Thanks for the b day greeting, too. So nice of you.

    ReplyDelete