Monday, October 22, 2012

Inspiration Monday... Making It Work

I really like this jacket from the inspiration at Two Birds...
I MUST try to find one similar at the thrift store.
I've had this dress for a while now, and this is the first time that I can say I actually like it. I bought it from Francesca's about a year or so ago during one of their big sales. It is a tad shear, a bit short, and was too small. However, it works better with leggings and a tank underneath. I guess its works best as a sort of tunic.  I got the blazer back in 2006 after I finished grad school and started doing interviews. This is my first time wearing it since.  I took the shoulder pads out, and I like it much better.  The boots are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. They don't quite fit over my legs, so I wear them scrunched down.  A rotten kid told me they looked like Harry Potter boots. I wanted to tell him how wrong he was... and that they are actually reminiscent of pirate boots *sticks tongue out*.

6 comments:

  1. You look cute! Does Harry Potter wear boots? I thought he wore sneakers! Your boots, dress, and blazer rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome inspiration and I loved the rotten word crossed out. So LOL funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph how are you? Thank you for dropping in. You are a beautiful woman. I like your version, its unique and looks so pretty on you. You have a great smile! Dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I want to poke m tongue out at kids too!
    The dress is fabulous! It's always lovely to come and visit your blog Steph! You always look so pretty!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great minds think alike
    i love how you did the pattern on the inside with the black on the outside
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya Steph, this lake is a city reservoir but I still think it looks like a lake. Utah is a desert! So to have a lake that close and that accessible is wonderful for us. There are many lakes in the mountains here but most mountains are at least 20 minutes away prior to getting to a lake. This lake is 5 minutes and 1 and half miles away. SCORE!!!! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete