Monday, December 28, 2009

Walgreens: Good for more than just prescriptions

On December 17th I woke up with the WORST scratchy throat! By the end of that day, I thought I some hybrid sickness of the Swine Flu, the Bubonic Plague, and Strep Throat.

Zack was sure to run to the store that evening and buy me like 80 cans of chicken noodle soup, and 35 gallons of orange juice. I didn't get better, and every night I would go to bed and wake up feeling like the Old Testament's Revelations.

A week later on Christmas eve, I decided to wake up and drive to the Walgreens Health Clinic. I got back to the nurse who asked me questions like "What types of meds are you on?", "What are you allergic to?", "and.......... "Oh, so are you trying to get pregnant?"

I told her I was and she asked another series of questions like how long we'd been trying, if I was having sex with a pillow, and if I was taking Robutussin.

I answered her: Since May, yes, and I was taking it for what I thought was a cold.

She informed me that I should have sex every other day and lay on the pillow for at least 20 minutes, Zack and I should take a tsp of Tussin every day, I should call her friend (the nurse practictioner) to arrange an appointment at the OB/GYN's office for a prescription for Clomid, and I should fill the prescription at Kroger because they only charge 9 bucks.

She went on with her testimony by saying that she'd tried all that was was able to conceive her two daughters who are 12 and 7.

She looked up the number to the OB/GYN and wrote it on a post-it note, confirmed that I had a sinus infection and wrote two prescriptions for that, and sent me on my way.

I told Zack about the visit, and he said I should call to set up the appointment. I'll think about it and might call this week. The only downfall is that the doctor's office is in Lawrenceville.... Maybe I'll try a doctor a little closer.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah so the Big B (is that what it was called?) on Headland and Delowe never offered such good advice!
    Good luck! It sounds like she actually knows what she's talking about.

    ReplyDelete