Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cry Baby

I've always been a cryer... As a matter of fact, I think I've already mentioned that in a previous post, so I won't waste time reminding you.

With this whole pregnancy thing, I've caught myself crying over the simplest things! For instance, I was at work talking to a fellow language arts teacher who I really adore. I mean seriously... There are some people who are nice and good, then there are those people who are pure goodness and light. This coworker is definitely the latter.

Well, we were standing in the hallway one morning talking with some other teachers when she mentioned that she was going to cook a week's dinner for a friend who was going through a really hard time. I wanted to tell her how wonderful I thought that was, but the compliment came out in tears and "Denise, you're just perfect! I mean really... You're perfect, and I just love you so much! Everyone loves you because you're awesome!"

Of course she looks at me in disbelief and smiles. She responds, "Well, I don't know about that but thank you. You're so sweet!"

I have tears rolling down my cheeks at this point and I say, "You're just so nice! Why am I crying?" I eventually walked away and went to my room.

I also had a weeping and wailing fit when Jin and Sun died on Lost. You talking about losing it?!?! I LOST it when they died. There was absolutely no consoling me. I fussed at the tv through my hyperventilating because I preferred to lose Sawyer and Kate. I must've cried for 20 minutes.

Just today, I was watching a movie I've seen a gatrillion times, Diary of a Mad Black Woman. When it got to the church scene at the end where he crackhead mother walks in singing, I found myself wiping tears from my cheeks. I think the last time I cried watching that movie was the very first time I saw it like five years ago.... But the way I was crying today, you'd have thought that today was my first time watchig it!

No comments:

Post a Comment