Saturday, November 13, 2010

Booty... Rockin' Everywhere

I'm almost eight months pregnant, and it is so interesting to notice the changes in the baby's movements. At our last ultrasound, we were able to determine that the baby's head is down, the bottom is on the left, and the feet and knees are on the right.

Ever since that ultrasound, I have noticed that the baby's booty is poking out all. the. time! There's booty on the left, and booty in the middle. There's booty in the morning and at night.

I usually just place my hand over our baby's sweet little booty and pat it gently because I can imagine our little one trying to get comfortable in the decreasing space of my belly.

The baby moved so much the other day that I started having Braxton Hicks contractions (read: cramps) and really bad round ligament pains (which I still have). Every time the baby moved, I'd get a cramp that lasted about 30 seconds. I finally learned how to breathe through those 30 seconds, but that night was AWFUL!!!

I think the baby must be going through a little growth spurt which is why I'm feeling so much movement and having such bad ligament pains. My parents came over today and were able to feel the baby toot its booty up then move it away. They were both really excited and amused. Watching and feeling my belly move NEVER gets old... we could literally sit and watch it for hours.

Whenever I see our baby's bottom move around, one song and dance come to my mind... Its one of my all-time favorites (and was a special request at my wedding)!!! Enjoy!

1 comment: