Monday, January 24, 2011

Lean, Mean, Pumping Machine

I pump every three to four hours because my body forces me to and to have a stash of milk in the fridge.

After reading some stuff on a baby app and on the Internet, I wondered if my milk supply would dry up because I wasn't nursing. If this happened, I'd have to resort to giving Charlie *gasp* formula. Don't get me wrong... I was raised on formula and have no bad feelings toward it, but it gives my baby THE WORST gas. We had to supplement in the hospital until my milk came in, and I thought my heart would break after every feeding when Chipmunk cried because of the discomfort.

It was in those formula moments that I decided to breastfeed no matter what it took. So now... I pump (because nursing usually feels like razor blades attacking my poor nipples)... I pump like my life depends on it.

And after nearly three weeks... I have just pumped my own personal best despite what those crazy people say on those apps and on the Internet... I just got *drum roll, please*



9 ounces!!!!!

That's three whole meals for Chipmunk!

Woo hoo!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. Did you take any supplements?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't, but I've been thinking about trying an herbal tea specifically for breastfeeding. Can't remember the name though.

    ReplyDelete