Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Out of Your Hands

The saying (and truth) goes... Babies come when they want. Some early, some late, some "on time".

That darned expected due date is just that... expected. I look back on my friends and their pregnancies and realize that only one (out of about five or six) gave birth on her due date. Three of us were early and one was late.

When I went to my doctors appointment that fateful Thursday, I had no clue at all that I'd be having my baby the next day. The news of my induction took my husband and I by surprise considering we had another two weeks and had planned accordingly (I had just gone to the grocery store and bought an army load of meat so that we'd be prepared to not cook when the baby came... in two weeks. All but the roast was spoiled when we returned home five days later.).

But with the knowledge of the fact that I wouldn't go into spontaneous labor, we celebrated our last pre-baby day eating all we wanted at the Cheesecake Factory (which seems to be our unofficial celebratory restaurant). Ironic enough... When we were seated at our booth, we realized that our wedding song was playing (By Your Side by Sade). Afterwards, we ran home; I got my eyebrows done and washed my hair and Zack cut his because we didn't want to look busted on any hospital pictures. We were only able to plan that much and nothing more. Everything after that was out of our hands.

We try to plan more now that he's here but guess what... All we can do is try.

*Happy Birthday, ZYG!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment