Thursday, January 13, 2011

So Long, Good Friends

I didn't gain much weight or swell much during my pregnancy, but I did find that I couldn't wear many of my shoes or my wedding ring set. As a compromise, I wore only my wedding band and the same three pairs of shoes for the last five months.

The shoes I wore were a pair of black Nine West flats. I bought them nearly ten years ago, and it took forever for me to break them in.... but once they were broken in, they were as comfortable as slippers.

Needless to say, they took a beating these last five months because I wore them with everything and all the time. I remember being at a doctor's appointment and needing to take them off. Once I got them off, I was embarrassed at all the gunk that was stuck to my feet: old crumbling leather, caked up lotion, and other crap. I quickly wiped off my feet and toes hoping that no one would notice.

At that time, I realized that my love affair with my beloved flats was coming to an end. I needed to get rid of them, so I vowed that I would throw them away after I had the baby.

So... this blog post is in honor of my loyal shoes...

"Dear Nine West flats, you served Charlie and me well, and we love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment