Thursday, May 19, 2011

And I Say, "My Baby Sweats Roses!!!"

A friend of mine just returned to work from her maternity leave, and (as mothers do) we spent a decent portion of our time chit chatting about baby and mommy stuff. Well, the topic of baby baths came up. Here she was in front of me saying that she bathed her baby every... Single... Day... Everyday!!! And I smiled at her.

"Everyday?"

She confirmed. I guess from the look on my face she assumed that I didn't bathe Charlie every day...

And you know what?

She was right. *shrug*

I replied that I (this is the point where you turn off your judge-ometer) give him a bath at least once a week, twice if we're both lucky... But I usually shoot for twice: Sundays and Wednesdays.

Of course, she explodes in laughter, and I felt like maybe I was doing something wrong... Like not fully explaining my position. I spent the next 15-20 minutes and another 15 minutes the next day trying to explain myself. All I did was draw more laughter and side-eye looks from other co-workers. I gave up and concluded that I needed to etch more time into my day to throw baby into some bath water.

So... I work up early (the same time) on Monday morning to give him a bath... In the sink because it's just waaaaay too much effort to pull out that baby tub and ruin my back for the day. We made a mess with the water, but he was good and clean. We bathed him again Thursday... He'll get another today or tomorrow... And that's as good as it gets. He'll now get three baths a week because there isn't enough time or energy in a day.

When he starts developin big boy stank, I'll be sure to dip him is water every night... And teenage boy stank will be upgraded to afternoon and morning showers... But until then, my baby sweats roses.

1 comment:

  1. My dear sweet Stephanie - don't be intimidated by Super Moms (or crazy Moms as I call them). Ryan was only bathed 2-3x a week for the first year, and then up from there. Now that he runs and plays he of course gets daily baths (at 3). But little Aiden will not be there for a while. Their skin is too sensitive to be in the water every day, and they just aren't that dirty! No other explanations needed! :-)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete