Thursday, May 26, 2011

Leaky Faucets

There are things I'm starting to take for granted (probably because I'm so tired with trying to keep up three jobs: wife, mother, teacher) like the amount of time it takes to get ready and out of the house on time or having a pre-packed lunch for the next day.

Another thing I take for granted are nursing pads. They're those little maxi pads for your "leaky faucets". I stopped wearing them about a month and a half ago when I ran out. I decided that I didn't really need them if I pumped or nursed regularly. And I was pumping regularly when I firt went back to work. I pumped at 6:30a, 9:30a, 12:15p, 4:45p, and then I nursed whenever he wanted until 6:30a the next day.

Well, the pumping has now been taken for granted, and i now pump at 12:25 and MAYBE at 6:00p... I'm just too darn busy OR too damn tired.

This neglect of my motherly duties has led to "leaky faucets"... Without nursing pads. I noticed them yesterday in my brand new, full-priced, sexy chic VS bra. (*thinking: "Good going, Steph. Thank goodness Zack bought you little laundry bags for your bras so that you don't have to try and clean this by hand.)

I woke 30 minutes ago to nurse the baby. (note: I neglected to wear the nursing sports bra I ALWAYS wear to bed because I was too tired to find it and put it on)

I touched his little booty and noticed it was wet. The entire bottom right side (the side my left boob was lying on) was soaking wet. I automatically figured he wet himself until I realized that he laid on his left side all night, so the left side should be wet.

I decided to taste the shirt (don't judge me) to confirm my second hypothesis... It was confirmed. The "pee" turned out to be breast milk, and my poor baby with the wet night gown was still nursing on my right boob either unaware or simply not caring that his gown was wet.

I'll be going to the store today to buy more nursing pads.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Don't worry, he loved sleeping in all that milk juice! If he was uncomfortable, he probably would have woken up.

    ReplyDelete