Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pump. Pump. Pump it up!!!

I was so desperate to increase my milk supply that I emailed my doctors office for help. I was kindly instructed to call the hospital's lactation consultant's help desk.

I did and left a message about my problem.

A lady returned the call, and I told her that I pump every five hours and can only get a total of three ounces. I informed her that I used to be able to get six total ounces every three or four hours.

Her cure...

Pump every two or three hours... Even through the night. What my body has done is decided that my baby doesn't need that much milk because it thinks he feeds every five or six hours.

I've been following her instructions, and I now have two 2 ounce bottles in reserves!

The body is such a machine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment