Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Plan Procrastinator

It is currently 5:25am and the last day of the semester. It is also my last day before beginning my maternity leave. I decided some time before Thanksgiving that I would not return after the break so that I would not be so preoccupied with having a baby and so that my sub could spend those (potentially) seven days between the first teacher planning day and my expected due date getting acclimated to her new three month position. I will not return to work until March 31, two days before Spring Break.

My sub plans are super detailed. Unfortunately, however, I have only fully completed (detailed notes, printouts, etc) up to mid-February.

So... As I look at the clock on my phone which reads 5:32am, I know I should be getting ready so that I can leave the house by 6:00 because I want to pick up candycanes for my kids and type letters to their parents and set my away message for my email and clean my junky desk and make sure everything is organized AND eat a bowl of cereal because I'm starving and write a few more thank you cards for co-workers and...and...and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment