Friday, December 31, 2010

Labor So Far...

We were given a room at 10:30pm.
I changed into my gown and chit chatted with Zack and my parents.
I filled out paperwork and answered questions.
My parents went home.
I got the Cervadil to help my cervix and was given an Ambien.
We slept at 1:30am.

We woke at 6:30am.
Contractions got a little stronger.
The nurse we love came in at 7:15 to let us know she was leaving for the day.
The second nurse who is not as personable or as gentle came in and took out the Cervadil.
I had dilated to three cm and the baby is all the way head down.

Nurse two administers the enema and calls for the epidural.
A year of my life ends up in the toilet.
I realized I'm bleeding and Zack calls the nurse.
She comes and says that that is a very good thing.
I get in the shower to wash up with Zack's help.
He notices I'm losing my mucus plug.
I dry off, get in the bed with more contractions.
I blog in...
between...
contractions...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is as detailed as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Stephanie! You can do it! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Steph and Zack! You made a very handsome baby boy together. God bless you all on this wonderful journey as a family:-)

    ReplyDelete