Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gimme My Strap!

I was at a store the other day, and while I was walking around, I noticed this crazy little kid (around 3 or 4) straight acting a fool. He actually startled me by jumping from behind something and running away. I calmly walked away... looking out the corner of my eye for his parent. I noticed that he was with his mom and grandmother who just so happened to be riding in a wheel chair (yes, thats an important piece of info) **Fast forward about 15 minutes*** As I was leaving, this same little kid ran right in front of me cutting me off so that he could get a toy. He grabbed it and proceeded to scream at his mother that he wanted it. When she said no, this brat fell out of the floor and started losing his mind! I thought to myself "he sure couldn't be mine because if he was..." As I was thinking how I'd react if he were in fact mine, his grandmother turned around in her wheelchair and sternly told the mother, "Gimme my strap!" I smiled in side and gave that woman a standing ovation. She couldn't get up out that chair fast enough, but I knew that back in her "mother" days she must've been a beastin' disciplinarian. And while many people don't agree with spankings (and that is truly ok with me), I will raise my kid the way I and all the family before me was raised... with the "strap".

1 comment:

  1. Just read a few of your posts... I love your honest and friendly way of writing... feel like I was having a convo with a girlfriend ;)

    Typhanie
    www.mygarmentsofpraise.com

    ReplyDelete