Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Safari Chic- Toucan

Full of color and life is the toucan and so am I.
I want to start with... I LOVE THIS SKIRT!!! I think someone donated it to the Goodwill as a gift to me. I bet the wind whispered to the previous owner of this skirt that I was scouring and pining over a bird skirt on Anthropologie.com, but I was too frugal to pay for it. That woman took it to the cleaners, packed it away nicely, and gave it to me via the Goodwill. That is the story of how I came to own this!
The skirt and shirt (which I also got from the Goodwill) are both 100% silk and feel like 100% goodness against my skin. The shirt has a heavy but soft feel, and I love the way it drapes on my shoulders. The belt is leather, and I got it from Plato's Closet. Once more... just look at the print of this skirt! It is so much fun!!! I love it so much that I actually took it to the cleaners instead of dumping it in the washing machine and praying that it will come out right like I did with the silk shirt.

4 comments:

  1. wow, what a great find! I love it when the exact thing you've been coveting shows up in the thrift store. like magic.

    (I never take silk stuff to the cleaners. I throw it in the gentile cycle and cross my fingers.)

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! My stupid thumb (and these super tiny icons on my phone) deleted your comment on accident! Anywho... Silk IS awesome! I felt great about this post especially after having read your post about fabrics that are good for the environment. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful outfit. The skirt is so pretty and unique.

    I do put silk in the washer on the 'hand wash' cycle in a mesh lingerie bad, even the silk evening gowns that I find at thrift stores. So far..everything has been a great success!

    ReplyDelete