Monday, July 30, 2012

(Inspiration Monday) Safari Chic- Tiger

I'm finally participating in Two Birds' Inspiration Monday. For the last three weeks, I've been putting together outfits each Monday... just to not take pictures and not post them to my blog. (eye roll) I spent my time finishing projects I've been putting off all summer like painting my entire upstairs and guest bedroom headboard. Ashlee Simpson is the inspiration:
I guess the only reason I'm prepared this week is because this is also one of my outfits for the Thrift Store Runway. The animal for this outfit is the tiger.
Yeah... Yeah... Yeah... I know that tigers are from Asia, but I didn't know what kind of African animal could go with this outfit. And I wasn't going to go with a dirty zebra, so a tiger will have to do.
This shirt is a Versace (although not the ornate kind) that I got from Goodwill. And yes, I bought it just because it was a Versace shirt... but, it fits well and is very crisp. The pants, bangles, and earrings are also from Goodwill. The clutch is from Platos Closet.
The necklace is actually the detachable strap from the clutch, and the scarf is a hand-me-down from my mom. It matches perfectly with the flap of the clutch. I think they were twins separated at birth.
I just got these shoes from the Target clearance for nine bucks!!! Ironically, they're more comfortable than my black patent heels from Aldos which will be donated... because one day you're in and the next, you're out (especially when cheaper, more comfortable shoes are involved!).

11 comments:

  1. Whoo! You look GOOD! Well done! Love the animal prints!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfit!!! Those are some killer thrift finds. I think there needs to be a subset of personal shoppers who do thrift store shopping only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Nice outfit.... great styling.
    Clutch is SUPER adorable.

    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you finally photographed your look - those red pants are awesome!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pants. Love it. And aren't Target clearance shoes the best?!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style you've pulled from Ashlee Simpson! Super cute dear.
    (I also love her hair, I wish mine would lay like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this outfit is so great. i love these pants on you, you look so chic! the color and style are perfect on your long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so cute. I love the pants; they create such a pretty silhouette. :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job with your version of the inspiration Monday outfit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. popping over from Two Birds
    love love this look
    those pants are just fabulous
    great job
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pants and clutch are gorgeous definitely a eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete