Saturday, July 28, 2012

Safari Chic- Leopard

I'm so excited to be posting my first thrifted outfit! I have about five outfits that I am going to submit to the Thrift Store Runway... and because it is a runway competition to see how well contestants organize thrifted fashion (and my severe obsession with Project Runway), I decided to design a thrifted collection. The theme of this collection is "Safari Chic". I wanted to go with "Welcome to the Jungle", but I felt like the fact that my hair wasn't done would not allow me to do that theme justice... AND I wanted to take the pictures outside but couldn't because I was taking the pictures myself. So... Safari Chic it is. I got my inspiration from different animals that might be found on a safari. The first is the Leopard.
It really is a beautiful creature, isn't it?! I had to google the difference between leopards, cheetahs, and jaguars... and although I am not absolutely sure of the differences between the three, I chose the leopard because it has shorter legs, is adapts well to different environments, and it can hunt down and consume any animal it can catch. It just sounds fierce, and I'd want to be a leopard if I were a cat (but jaguars are a close second because they are probably the most beautiful).
Everything I'm wearing (with exception of the shoes) is thrifted. The shirt, shorts, bangles, and earrings are from Goodwill, and the belt is from The Drake Closet. My shoes are Cynthia Vincent for Target (and I love them!).
I took these pictures in my son's room, and that tree is about as "safari" as its going to get.
Do you see his painting in the background?! I tried to be creative and do an art project with him. Lets just say that I'm definitely NOT a teacher for toddlers. We had paint everywhere! Now that its dry, I'm going to eventually put it in the frame it is sitting on and hang it on the wall.

4 comments:

  1. Love that outfit, Steph!

    But I pretty much love all things Leopard/Cheetah. I think the main difference amongst the three is their snouts/noses, the "black tears" and their spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Thrift STore RUnway, what a great idea!!! Good luck! You look great! And not to throw off your whole leopard adapting thing, but to me your top looks like a mini giraffe pattern! :)
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* I was thinking the same thing about the print. I kept battling back and forth and settled on the cat.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the shout out about our contest! From, Thrift Store Runway

    ReplyDelete