Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cobbler Kisses

Soooooooo......

I'm sitting at my desk during my lunch break because I ate (Wayyyyyy) too much for breakfast.

We have grade level meetings at the school and today just so happened to be the day where teachers from a specific curriculum area bring in snacks. I ate a banana and 6almonds in anticipation of the goodies I knew they'd have at the meeting.

I show up and there on the table is....

a...

large......

pan.....

of......



PEACH COBBLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yeah... so, if you know me... you'd know this was a huge deal!

I freakin flip for cobbler (or any sweet treat, for that matter)

I think its from me growing up in the south and my maternal grandmother having been a sweet little old lady who expressed her love in the form of cakes and cobblers.

My aunts became cobbler making experts and carried on the tradition of showing love with food.

Needless to say, I ate some... fell in love... and after the meeting, I went back and got a plate full to take back to my room.

I took it back to my room, sat at my desk, and tore that cobbler up! All the while I was thinking "you know you need to put this down." (but obviously I didn't since I'm writing this blog)

As I'm finishing it up, I hear a tap at my door and see my co-worker standing there. I burst out laughing because I KNOW she had to see me almost licking the plate to get off the extra syrup (but luckily, she didn't).

I keep telling her that I need to get this sweet fetish (read: addiction) under control.

I'll never tell Zack what I ate... I can see him now raging about me not getting my body prepared for a baby and how he will NOT allow me to feed our baby all the garbage I feed myself. I'm sure he'll put me on an extremely strict food plan once we get preggers...

But... GOODNESS... I love cobbler so much!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. But what's cobbler w/o ice cream? It's like cobbler was missing its half or was there ice cream? Then I am with you... cobbler a la mode is NOT to be turned down. Go to the Italian place in Atlantic Station and order a cobbler from there... it's hella good!

    ReplyDelete