Monday, August 13, 2012

Inspiration Monday - First Day Fresh

Today's inspiration for Two Bird's Inspiration Monday is Jessica Biel.
I initially wanted to wear a silver silk skirt from the Loft, but when I paired it with my shirt, it didn't match (sad face). I had to think quickly because I needed to get out of the house and get to work because today was the first day of school. As I had a near meltdown in our closet, my husband suggested that I wear pants, so I paired my lace shirt with a pair of high waisted linen pants! The entire outfit was thrifted!
The lace shirt and sweater are from Forever 21, and the pants are Liz Claiborne New York. I got them all (plus the pearl and gold earrings that you can't see) from my local Goodwill. I've had the shoes forever, and I think they're on their last trip down the school hallways because they have absolutely NO support. My back and feet were killing me by the end of the day.
Excuse the terrible lighting... this was taken in my kitchen super early this morning before we turned on all the lights.

8 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love that lace top - it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did pants! You look great! Love the lace top.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Stephanie! and happy anniversary too! (I read that post first but had to see your interpretation of Inspiration Monday.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a darling outfit! So classic and pretty! Nice to meet you via IM Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kudos to the husband, my husband would just stare at me blankly if i started talking fashion to him :)
    i think this look is pretty and feminine!
    can't believe it's back to school time already.
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is so nice to help you out!! i think you both nailed it. the pants are a nice touch and that lace shirt is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit! I just love it when the husband comes to the fashion rescue. It is VERY unexpectd, lol!! Happy anniversary, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, you swapped it around! I love the lace top it looks so sweet!

    Cheers,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete