Friday, August 10, 2012

My First Thrift Haul!!!!! Yippee!!!!

This haul is going to be a bunch of pictures, but I hope to one day work myself to a video... I just don't have the time... or patience. *shrug* Anyhooo... While I visited my parents this past weekend, mama and I went to the Goodwill in the Historic West End.
Lets just say that I LOVE this place, and I might take a short trip there every time I go back to the southside. My parents and I have always donated to this location since it is not too far from their house, but we had never gone inside. I loved that there was a mixture of people inside and the music was awesome. They also had a very good selection! We went with the intention of finding another dress that my mother could transform for me... and we ran into this BEAUTIFUL piece of art!
It is a backless halter dress by Moda International that is made of 100% silk! As I put my hands on it and mentioned how pretty it was, another woman said that she was just saying the same thing... so, I snatched it up and told my mom one of my thrifting rules... "If someone else says that she was admiring something you're looking at, you should get it because as soon as your put it back, she's going to snatch it up!" I found a brown tee, a pair of boots, and a brown and silver belt to complete the outfit. Mama promises to have it ready next week. I also plan on finding another dress or some material so that she can use the top for another dress. Take another look!
In the last few weeks, I have found these items (some at Plato's Closet and some at Goodwill)... First are the belts...
I also found some great shoes including some Minnetonka Moccasins which are super comfy...
I will wear these booties and pair of boots with a lot when Fall gets here!
And look at what I stumbled upon at my local Goodwill!!!
The color of this shirt is amazing, and it was made in India! How cool is that?! The picture doesn't even do this shirt justice because it literally pops in person! So that is it... have you been thrifting lately?

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME COLLECTION - AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you really found some great things. The dress is a gem and I can't wait to see what your Mama does with it!

    You are right about your thrifting rule...if you put it down, someone else will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you got some awesome stuff!!! i love that silk dress and the minnetonka moccasins are great! i just picked up a pair of fringe knee high minnetonka boots for a good friend at GW. i was so jealous that they weren't my size!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress looks amazing on you...more than amazing! i love it! and you got some other great finds, too. i love the booties!

    ReplyDelete