Sunday, August 5, 2012

Inspiration Monday...

Two Birds chose Katie Holmes for this week's inspiration.
The look is super relaxed, and I am all about that! Based on the inspiration, I came up with this outfit. I chose it because it is something I would wear if I were simply running to the mall or taking Charlie to school.
I am so excited about this picture because it is the first time that I actually got to take pictures outside because I made my husband take pics of me. (side note: I never realized how odd it is to take pics of myself using the timer on the camera). Anyway... this is how our conversation went. Me: (giving him my phone)Zack, get up and take pics of me in this outfit. Zack: (taking phone) ok... (still on sofa) Me: (walking to door) No! You have to take them outside! Zack: Why?! Me: Because that is where I want to take them, so get up and do it! (We both go outside, and I stand and give a fake smile. He takes the picture.) Me: Ok... I guess thats it? Zack: Do another pose. Me: Like what? (does awkward pose with foot in hand) Zack: (frowns) Naaaa... try something like this. (does pose) Me: Ok...
The shirt which I thrifted from the Goodwill is a linen Jones New York, and I got the belt from Plato's closet. I just got these shoes about a month or so ago because I needed a pair of nude ballet flats; you might remember me bragging about them here. I wanted Charlie to be a part of my inspiration, but he was asleep while we were taking these pictures and while I wrote the draft to this post... but he woke up as I was finishing soooooo... I ran upstairs, picked him up, and took more photos!
I took his socks off and let him walk in the grass. We kept trying to get him to say "cheese" (which sound more like "sheesh"), but he wouldn't, so we had to resort to clown-like behavior to get him to smile.
I love his sugars!!!
And this is my final inspiration shot...

14 comments:

  1. I really love this take on Katie's outfit. Chambray is one of my favorites and I love that shirt. And your little one is too cute - glad you got him into the photos. These made my smile. Glad that I found your blog through Inspiration Monday!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your take! i know how you feel about feeling awkward. i'm pretty sure all of my neighbors must think i am super vain because i am constantly taking pictures of myself every day! i love the charlie shots...what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, look at that little face. He's so cute! Nice outfit too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, he's a mess too! climbing and jumping off everything.

      Delete
  4. That linen shirt is such a great thrift find! Your little man is adorable, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Charlie has got to be the cutest baby I've seen!

    I found you blog on Sara's Short of Something and am your newest follower. I think denim looks good with anything but especially love the chambray and cognac or camel brown. So I think your belt is perfect for this shirt.

    This look will always look stylish. Couple of years ago I was obsessed with the idea of finding a reasonably priced chambray shirt-dress. I had no luck at the beginning but somehow later I ended up with several pieces. Check them out here if you wish:
    http://byebyesoccermom.blogspot.com/2010/10/denim-overload-and-sacramentos-scissors.html (just ignore my knee patches, I don't know what I was thinking, but hey fashion is about taking risks and having fun, right?!)
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope you visit my blog. I have two kids and blog about personal style, fashion DIY and kids activities.

    Thanks,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute classic look
    never thought to put pants on with my chambray shirt when i was complaining that i didn't own anything chambray BUT a shirt. lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaver and fun - you made me chuckle. Great duplication and you even have a kidlet in it. Cool.

    join me over at my site and see what is there that is interesting. I am going to join you now, and invite my sister Mary and a great blogger that is just starting out, Jacqueline (Blether) ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whooo Hoooo! thank you! I hope my sis and Jacqueline join you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are so cute! Well done on the inspiration!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post dear. He is so so cute.
    Feel free to enter the eagle ring bracelet giveaway on my blog!
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is adorable. I love your nude shoes; I've been looking for some myself, but haven't find the right ones yet. Yours are so cute. :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete