Thursday, August 2, 2012

Polished

I've always liked nail polish but have been too afraid to wear anything on my fingers, because I'm not the type to like to stand out in a crowd. I felt like people would look at me and be like, "Hey! Look! She's got skittles for fingernails!" I guess I feel this way because I have little hands with thin fingers and short, round fingernails... not the pretty hands found in Essie and Revlon ads. And now that I'm a mom and I'm constantly washing dishes, I'm starting to get man hands... rough and ashy and unappealing. I pick my cuticles and my nails, and I NEVER get them done because its just not worth it to me. So... I have decided that now is the time to make a change. I'm going to become polished and more lady-like (even if its just for the first two weeks of the new school year). I've already purchased about 11 new nail colors (because they were on sale), and I plan on wearing a new color each week. That means that I should be covered for at least 11 weeks, right? Anywoo...
These Wet n' Wild (Quick dry or something another) were among the first colors I bought. I got them at Target for $.98.
These Wet n' Wild were $.45, and the blue makes me nervous. It almost looks like black. I'm pretty sure I won't wear it and that glittery burgandy until October. They are very severe on my hands, but I have to wear them since I bought them.
These Sinful Colors are all from Walgreens and cost me $.99 each. I absolutely adore all the colors, and I actually look forward to wearing them. They are very summery and cool.
And these are little nuggets of nail polish gold! I stumbled upon these little bottles (Jazz and Lilac) of Essie polish in the clearance section of the Walgreens. A regular bottle of Essie is $8, and that was the regular price of this pair, but I got them for $4! Yippee for me! The colors are exactly what I would wear. The tan is a good nude color for someone of my complexion, so I'm sure this will be my go-to color when I punk out from wearing that dark blue and burgandy. Who knows... maybe I'll buy a regular sized bottle of that Essie Jazz when this is all used up! These are all the colors on my man hands (except the silver). I think they might be alright!
BTW, I'm cringing at the sight of those skittles on my fingertips. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. You would absolutely dread my nail collection. I'm the opposite of you. I prefer my colors loud and obnoxious. And, I also rarely match my toes and fingers. The colors may coordinate, but they won't match.

    Anyway, good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the different colors together

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have man hands!!!!!!! I'm impressed that you're going to do a different color each week- I like the idea of nail polish but I hate the time it takes to apply and dry...ugh. And I think your skittles are fun!

    ReplyDelete