Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Our Anniversary

Zack and I celebrated our FIVE year anniversary this weekend. No, we didn't do anything interesting or amazing... we just had a regular date night. We went for dinner and a movie at Studio Movie Grill and saw The Campaign (which is absolutely hilarious!). He ate a bacon, mushroom, swiss burger, and I had chicken fingers with sweet potato fries (Yum!!!). Afterwards, we went to the mall and walked off our food... and I tried on things I really liked.
I guess I was channeling Elton John with the sunglasses and the shoes, but I think they are both super duper cool! And if I were a hat wearing church woman, I'd be rocking this hat at Sunday service... but my husband doesn't like big hats (sigh). After we left the mall, we went to the Cheesecake Factory (which as I mentioned before, is our designated spot for celebrations) and got dessert. We also ran into a co-worker of mine who was celebrating her and her husband's 25th wedding anniversary! Cool, hunh?! Well, on Sunday, we went to the park to workout.
I jogged two miles for the first time ever!!! I also walked an additional mile. Zack ran ten miles and was covered in so much dew and sweat that he looked like Jack Frost (ewww!). I even did the Bolt pose!
And.... on top of all that... I wore my Jazz nail polish! I thought it was very cute and simple.
As I told my co-worker while we waited on a million calories of cheesecake... "Five years down... Five more to go!" (and of course, a lifetime after that!)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for running two miles! That's a great milestone, no pun intended. Happy Anniversary!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! Happy Anniversary (gorgeous ring too!) =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! that sounds like such a lovely way to celebrate. the cheesecake factory is one of my favorite places ever. yum yum! your ring is stunning by the way!



    if you've got some time, stop by my blog for a clothing giveaway over at The House of Shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary! it sounds like quite the week for you! congrats on running two miles, too!

    ReplyDelete