Sunday, August 5, 2012

Make Me Over... and First "Week" at Work

I decided that it was time for a hair makeover when I turned 30. The first thing out my husband's mouth when I told him this was that I should not cut it short because it is what everyone does (I think he really said it because I have a history of cutting all of my hair off). Well... I cut it short... but only when I turned 30 and a half *smile and wink*!
My home girl cut it because she is always my go-to girl for major cuts (and color if that is what I want). We have been friends since we were in kindergarten, and I love her.
I really do love not having a ton of hair... it is so liberating for me. I got my hair done one day before going to work because I wanted the first day back to be my big reveal. I wore a completely thrifted outfit. The shorts and sweater shirt are both J.Crew, but I got them from the Goodwill, and the belt (which you can't see) was purchased at Plato's closet. The flip flops are from Rainbow, and I absolutely adore them. I found out about them after a co-worker let me wear hers because the shoes I wore that day decided they didn't want to be broken in. If you don't have a pair, I highly suggest you get some from here.
Oddly enough, several of my co-workers said they didn't recognize me because of my new cut and style... I even had my nails painted!

1 comment: