Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Week and Two Days

What have I been up to???
I've been getting to work as early as possible so that I don't have to stay long afterwards and still get some paperwork done. The location of my school is absolutely perfect. It is such an undisturbed place since it used to be farm land just 10 years ago. There is still a farm next door although I haven't seen the cows there in a year or so. Also, Geese fly over the parking lot as I drive in, or they are feasting on whatever is on the soccer fields. I adore my school's location!
My kid prefers to go to bed with his "Choo Choo" (Thomas the Train) books. I love this and hope that we can really keep him enthusiastic about reading.
During a trip to the Goodwill, I found him this super cute Thomas the Train pull toy! I was so very excited to find it! I cleaned it off with Lysol wipes and showed him how to play with it. He was scared at first, but he has grown to love it! Yay!!!
I made this really great dinner... well, I didn't actually make it. My mom made the turnips and my mother in law made the squash casserole. I actually screwed up the only thing I made, the chicken. IT was too spicy because I seasoned it with cayenne pepper *shrug*... Zack didn't want to eat it because it was too hot for him, so I took it for lunch for two days. It was yummy to me.
Charlie started eating and loving "applts". He doesn't pronounce them correctly, and we don't expect him to, but I think it is awesome that he asks for them.
I fixed a slinky that had gotten twisted!!! It only took me 30 years to figure it out, but better late than never, right?!
I found Charlie some house shoes at Famous Footwear for three bucks! He will only wear them for about 10 minutes though before he takes them off and loses them.
I painted my nails blue and then quickly took it off because I felt that it was entirely too wild of a color to wear, so I painted my toes with it instead.
I found a little green frog on the courtyard door at school. I tried to get one of the science teachers to "rescue" it and take it to her room, but she informed me that it didn't need rescuing and was happy where it was. I think that I really just wanted it as a pet and for her to keep it in her room, but oh well...
I cut corners (pun intended) because I didn't feel like taking the staples out of the paper. Cutting the corners off made the paper lie flat, so it was a genius idea!
I wore a pink silk shirt that I thrifted and a pair of pants that I can now wear since I've lost 12 pounds (from April to now) to my school's open house. The night was fantastic! (side note: This pic was taken in my upstairs hallway. I painted it this summer, and it is the only part of the house that is not some variety of beige)
So... What have you been up to?!

1 comment:

  1. I've been into thrifting lately. I wish I would have done it when my kids were little. They always have new or like new toys for 95% less than the regular stores. Lord knows I gave away thousands of dollars of my kids cast offs to goodwill!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete